Sunday 20 May 2012

Food Imitating Art.

For my cafe space, not only do I envisage some of the produce be grown on the site, but art will also be exhibited within the cafe space as well as it looking onto the double height gallery space below, creating intrigue and desire for the unreachable gems that lie below. 


I have also come to the conclusion that my cafe, run by the artist in residence, will be inspired by and imitate the artworks that live within the space. 


Whilst it may seem quite ingenious, the idea was inspired by a very fashionable afternoon tea I experienced at The Berkeley Hotel in London, where the food imitated the latest fashion to hit the runway. It was entitled "Pret-A-Portea", a mock on the french saying 'Pret-A-Porter', meaning 'ready to wear'. Bon Apetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment